The information provided below pertains to Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi Doctoral Thesis Scholarships being offered in 2021
Note: This scholarship is now closed for 2021
- Available: Limited to 3 full-time (and/or part-time equivalent) awardees in total across the PhD and Professional Doctorate programmes.
- Value:Valued at $15,000 each including GST for full-time students, valued at $7,500 including GST for part-time students to a total of $45,000 per annum. This scholarship will be credited towards paying the tuition fees, administration fee & Student ID Card of the successful applicant’s final year of study and credited directly into their fees account. The remaining funds will be credited to their verified bank account upon:
1. Approval of scholarship
2. Submission of required research documentation
If the awardee is in receipt of another scholarship or further funding for their study, they will be granted the balance between their existing scholarship/funding and the full potential Doctoral scholarship.
- Closing Date: 31 March 2021 at 4.30pm
- Eligibility: Candidates for the scholarship must be;
• PhD students must have been enrolled for a minimum of 2 years full-time or 3 years part-time
• Professional Doctorate candidates must be enrolled in their Thesis programme
• Enrolled full-time or part-time in a Doctoral degree programme at Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi
• Be a New Zealand citizen or a New Zealand permanent resident currently living in New Zealand
- Criteria: Recipients are to be selected on the following criteria:
• Enrolled in a doctoral degree programme at Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi by 01 March 2021.
• Provision of a Doctoral Research Committee and ethics approval letter.
• Provision of a supporting letter from applicant’s supervisor.
• The Scholarships Committee will consider the applicants academic and scholarly achievements, community contribution and potential research impact.
- • Applicants verified bank account details
• Any letters of support from community and/or professional bodies associated with the Doctoral study.
- Submission of Application: Application form and supporting documents must be submitted online by 4.30pm on 31 March 2021