The information provided below pertains to Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi Doctoral Thesis Scholarships being offered in 2022
Note: These scholarships have now closed for 2022
• Limited to 2 full-time (and/or part-time equivalent) awardees in total for the PhD programmes
• Limited to 2 full-time (and/or part-time equivalent) awardees in total for the Professional Doctorate programmes (applications for Professional Doctorate tauira closed on 13 May 2022).
- Value: Valued at $15,000 each including GST for full-time students, valued at $7,500 including GST for part-time students. This scholarship will be credited towards paying the tuition fees, administration fee & Student ID Card of the successful applicant’s final year of study and credited directly into their fees account. The remaining funds will be credited to their verified bank account upon:
1. Approval of scholarship
2. Submission of required research documentation
If the awardee is in receipt of another scholarship or further funding for their study, they will be granted the balance between their existing scholarship/funding and the full potential Doctoral scholarship.
- Closing Date: 13 May 2022 at 3.00pm for Professional Doctorate applicants and new extended date of 18 July 2022 at 3.00pm for PhD applicants.
- Eligibility: Candidates for the scholarship must be;
• PhD students must have been enrolled for a minimum of 2 years full-time or 3 years part-time
• Professional Doctorate candidates must be enrolled in their Thesis programme
• Enrolled full-time or part-time in a Doctoral degree programme at Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi
• Be a New Zealand citizen or a New Zealand permanent resident currently living in New Zealand
- Criteria: Recipients are to be selected on the following criteria:
• Enrolled in a doctoral degree programme at Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi by 01 April 2022.
• Provision of a Doctoral Research Committee and ethics approval letter.
• Provision of a supporting letter from applicant’s supervisor.
• The Scholarships Committee will consider the applicants academic and scholarly achievements, community contribution and potential research impact.
- • Applicants verified bank account details
• Any letters of support from community and/or professional bodies associated with the Doctoral study.
- Submission of Application: Application form and supporting documents must be submitted online by 3.00pm on 13 May 2022 for Professional Doctorate applicants and new extended date of 18 July 2022 at 3.00pm for PhD applicants.