Te Pou Hono ki Toi
Te Pou Hono ki Toi
This level 4 programme is intended for people who seek to develop a broad range of skills required to support and participate in mahi toi within marae communities.
Graduates of this qualification will be able to apply a broad range of mahi toi skills to support their whānau, hapū, iwi and marae communities. They will also improve their knowledge, understanding and skills of mahi toi and how to participate in the development of toi in marae communities.
What you will Study
- This marae-centred programme is intended for people who seek to be engaged and broaden their skills in Mahi Toi of their marae.
- The qualification meets the needs of whānau, hapu, iwi and other Māori organisations wanting to grow capacity,
capability, and knowledge within the marae to research and practice traditional arts of their ancestors.
What you will Learn
- A range of communication skills relevant to the cultural and artistic development of marae and their communities.
- Participate in broad operational and theoretical knowledge associated with the traditional cultural artistic development of
- Reflect on and evaluate your practices of cultural artistic development of marae, hapū and/or iwi.
Enrolment note: Online enrolment is not currently available for this programme. We invite you to enquire online or contact us directly and one of our team will be in touch.
DurationOptions include 12, 14, 16, 18, 36 weeks
CommitmentWeekend noho, wānanga and self-directed learning as per cohort preference
Applications closeon demand
LocationsAvailable nationally based on demand
RequirementsMin age 17. Open entry. A desire to develop and empower marae communities
Pathway toView link below
FeesTuition fees free
PTO001 Mana Atua / Mana Whenua – Toi
Course type: Core (10 credits)
- Description: This course will enable tauira to research and describe the tikanga practices and processes of Toi Māori within marae communities (or equivalent).
PTO002 Mana Tangata / Mana Rangatira – Toi
Course type: Core (30 credits)
Description: Tauira will create ngā mahi toi relevant to a marae setting or equivalent.
- This course will enable tauira to create a portion of a traditional Toi Māori artwork incorporating traditional skills. Tauira are encourage to create a piece of Toi Māori artwork that may incorporate or result in a Tāniko, Raranga, Korowai, Tukutuku, Whakairo, Kōwhaiwhai or Tā Moko
Ngā korero a ngā tauira
Tomo mai ki Awanuiārangi
School of Iwi Development
Interested? Make an enquiry
We will email you an info pack