Tēnei te whakatau koa ake i ēnei kōrero mo ngā tono Karahipi ka pā ia ki roto i Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi. He kaupapa whakatiketike i nā whakatauki e tohu ana kia puta he āwhina ki te hunga ka whai i te mātauranga. Ka tika te kōrero e kī ana, “mā te huruhuru te manu ka rere.”
Scholarships contribute towards recognising, encouraging, inspiring and supporting tauira to study at Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi. Scholarships are a way of providing monetary reward to successful applicants to assist tauira to achieve their desired goals, outcomes and qualifications.
The following information outlines the range of scholarships available for 2020. It also provides applicants with the information required to apply for the various scholarships offered by Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi and in collaboration with other external partners.
Scholarship Application Guidelines
If you wish to apply for a scholarship, your application should reflect who you are and what you have achieved regarding academic, sport or community accomplishments, what you would hope to do with your qualification and how you would give back to the community. This information will help the Scholarship Committee to make an informed decision regarding the best candidates for the scholarships.
- Here are some useful guidelines to help with completing the required information:
- Make sure you fully understand the information outlined for each scholarship and the application form
- Read the scholarship information and criteria carefully to assess your eligibility and to find out what documentation is needed to accompany the application.
- The best applicants are those who take time to write and organise their application. Think carefully about what you have addressed the criteria for each scholarship in the application and have it proof-read.
- It is vital that you complete the form correctly and attach all supporting documentation required, otherwise the application will be returned not considered.
- Ensure supporting documentation is authorised and securely uploaded with the application.
Scholarships on offer for 2020
Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi offers a range of scholarships open to those enrolling in full-time degree study. Applications are open at varying times during the year. Even if you have completed your enrolment for this year, you may be eligible for a scholarship in the future.
- The following scholarships are now closed for 2020:
- Awanuiārangi Scholarships
- Doctoral Scholarships
- ASB Hardship Scholarship
The second semester Master's Thesis Scholarship closes on 28 July 2020