Awhi Tauira team is here to help!
One of the immediate benefits to students is whanaungatanga (sense of belonging) that is always present at Awhi Tauira. Support includes academic support as well as support for personal issues which may impact a student’s ability to learn and complete their study.
The Awhi Tauira Student Support team:
- Provides academic tertiary skills training and support to our tauira
- Helps tauira to become independent learners so they can complete their programme.
- Offers confidential pastoral care to tauira
Haere tonu ngā mihi ki a koutou katoa kua tae mai ki tēnei Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi. Nō reira nau mai, haere mai ki te whare manaaki o Awhi Tauira kia hāpai nei i ngā āhuatanga maha o ngā akoranga ki tāu e hiahia ai.
Awhi Tauira Student Support provides targeted support and input into all programmes at Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi. Kanohi-ki-te-kanohi (face-to-face) and eWānanga (online) support programmes are available to suit all needs.
Different approaches available
Awhi Tauira staff offer a variety of learning environments:
- Individual face-to-face consultation
- Group tutorials face-to-face
- ‘Drop in’ sessions for student kaupapa
- Online – individual/group tutorials (Zoom)
- eWānanga online student support
- Awhi Tauira Facebook for online group work
- Workshops with a target audience
- Seminars including oral presentations and visual presentations
- Individual pastoral care
- Mentoring – promoting the concept of total support, reassurance, encouragement and integrity
- Support for students with disabilities
- Mātauranga Māori including support for marae-based distance learners
- Noho marae support
- Cultural support for all students including waiata
- Consistent support across all campuses and sites
Student phone available