How can you fund your study?

While you are thinking about your study options, you may want to know about the financial support you can get. Here are some ways that you can fund your study.


StudyLink is a service of the Ministry of Social Development. It administers student loans and allowances as well as other forms of financial assistance for students. They also have helpful advice on funding your study, as well as tools and calculators.  For more information visit their website at

Government's Fees Free Scheme

If you’re planning to start tertiary study or training for the first time you may be eligible for fees-free. Visit the government's fees free website for details

External Scholarships

Iwi, hapū and whānau trusts offer grants to descendants and eligible applicants. Check with your iwi, hapū and whānau trusts regarding grants and scholarships available to you.

Other sites that offer information on scholarships include:


Contact one of our support teams for guidance

Awhi Tauira
Student Support Team
Academic and Enrolment Administration
Academic Administration Team