Entry is open to applicants who meet the following requirements:
- Minimum age: 16 years
- Minimum qualification: 60 credits in Te Reo Māori at level 5 on the NZQF or established equivalency
- Applicants will need to sit an assessment test to ensure that they are enrolled at the correct level. Note: An inability to answer any questions will not exclude an applicant from the programme. It will only be used to ensure correct level placement.
Special entry requirements
In addition to meeting admission requirements, applicants must meet the English Proficiency Outcomes as stated below in accordance with the NZQF Programme Approval and Accreditation Rules 2013, if you first language is not English or you come from a country where the language of instruction is not English and you are enrolling as a permanent resident.
- IELTS test – Academic score of 6 with no band score lower than 5.5
- TOEFL Paper-based test (pBT) – Score of 550 (with an essay score of 5 TWE)
- TOEFL Internet-based test (iBT) – Score of 60 (with a writing score of 20)
- University of Cambridge ESOL examinations – FCE, or FCE for schools, or CAE, or CPE with a score of 169. No less than 162 in each skill
- NZCEL – Level 4 with the Academic endorsement
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) – PToE (Academic) score of 50
- City & Guilds IESOL – B2 Communicator with a score of 66