List of fees and charges
The payment of fees is essential to ensure the viability of a course or programme and also recognises the student’s investment in their own learning.
In addition to tuition fees or course related fees, you will need to factor in additional costs that are generally incurred as a student. The following additional charges will apply for 2019:
|Description of Service||2020 charge (incl GST)||Note|
|Administration levy per enrolment||$93.50||Fee-free courses are exempt|
|Late payment penalty fee||$111.50||Applies to any tuition fee or course related cost paid after the due date|
|Academic Record / Transcript||
One free transcript per year
$41.50 for each extra transcript
|Academic Record / Transcript is available from Academic Administration Team|
No charge for application
$111.50 for Reconsideration / Appeal
|Refunded if the appeal is successful|
|Appeal against decisions made under the Academic Regulations||$111.50||Refunded if the appeal is successful|
|Making an Application for Module or Unit exemption||No charge|
$25 for original
$41.50 to replace lost card/new image/damaged card
|Reconsideration of Final Grade||$111.50||Refunded if change of grade results|
|Replacement Official Result Notice||$13||For each year of results required. Form available from Academic Administration Team|
|Replacement of TWWOA Award Certificate||$103||Declaration required and is available from Academic Administration Team|
|Special Assessment Arrangement
· Administration Levy
· Recovery of Costs
|Administration Levy plus actual costs of supervision, venue costs, telephone / fax, courier etc.|
|Overdue library item penalty fee||$0.50 per day overdue||Applies to any library book or audio item returned after its due date|
This table shows a breakdown of all fees per student for the annual year.
Name of Programme
Te Tohu Paetahi Ako (Bachelor of Education -Teaching)
$5928 (tuition) $311 (course related costs) $6239 (total)
Te Ōhanga Mataora Paetahi (Bachelor of Health Sciences Māori - Nursing)
Year 1 - $6928.50 (tuition) $347 (course related costs) 7275.50 (total
Year 2 - $6867(tuition) $343.50 (course related costs) 7210.50 (total)
$6868 (tuition) $343.50 (course related costs) 7211.50 (total)
Te Tohu Toi Tangata (Bachelor of Humanities)
$5928 (tuition) $311 (course related costs) $6238 (total)
Ngā Mana Whakairo a Toi (Bachelor of Māori Performing Arts)
$1662 (course related costs)
Master of Indigenous Studies
Master of Māori Studies
$1477 (per paper or research project)
$2955.50 (Dissertation per enrolled year)
$3590 (Thesis per enrolled year)
Doctor of Māori Development and Advancement or
Doctor of Indigenous Development and Advancement or
Doctor of Philosophy
$5877 per enrolled year + $93.50 (Admin fee)
USD18000 (current students)
USD19000 (International starting study in 2020).
The following programmes are Fee Free
- Adult Community Education
- Te Pouhono ki Marae Ātea
- Te Pouhono ki Mahi Marae
- Te Pouhono ki Taiao
- Te Pouhono ki Wairua
- Te Pouhono ki Toi
- Kai Oranga (Kaupae Tuawhā) (Level 3)
- Kai Oranga (Kaupae Tuawhā) (Level 4)
- National Certificate in Tourism Māori (Level 3)
- National Certificate in Tourism Māori (Level 4)
- New Zealand Certificate in Study and Career Preparation (Level 3)
- New Zealand Certificate in Study and Career Preparation (Level 4)
- Te Pōkaitahi Reo (Rumaki) (Te Kaupae 1)
- Te Pōkaitahi Reo (Rumaki) (Te Kaupae 2)
- Te Pōkaitahi Reo (Rumaki, Reo Rua) (Te Kaupae 3)
- Te Pōkaitahi Reo (Rumaki, Reo Rua) (Te Kaupae 4)
- Te Pōkaitahi Reo (Rumaki, Reo Rua) (Te Kaupae 5)
- Te Pōkaitahi Reo (Rumaki, Reo Rua) (Te Kaupae 6)
- Te Aka Putaiao (Kaupae 5)
* Disclaimer: Fees may be subject to change
Payment of Fees
All students accepted into a programme/course of study will be sent a letter of confirmation and fees invoice(s).
Fee payments can be made by:
- cash, credit card, EFTPOS or cheque. Facilities for payment available at reception at 13 Domain Road, Whakatāne or 19 Lambie Drive, Manakau
- post a cheque to Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi, Private Bag 1006, Whakatāne 3158;
- direct credit into our ASB Bank account 12-3253-0067389-01.
All fees and charges must be paid before the programme starts.
Full-time students enrolled in a full-time programme of study may elect to pay their fees by instalment. The number of instalments, payment amounts and instalment dates will be set by Awanuiārangi. The number of instalments will generally not exceed one per semester of enrolment. This option is not available to students paying by the Government Student Loans Scheme.
A late payment penalty fee will apply where fees are not paid by the due date.
Non Payment of Fees
Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi reserves the right to offer a place in a programme to another applicant if the enrolment procedure, including payment of fees, is not completed within the required timeframe.
In addition, the following sanctions may be applied:
- Students may not permitted to attend classes
- Results will be withheld
- Qualifications will not be awarded
- Further enrolments will not be accepted
- Academic records will not be transferred
- Library access will be removed
- Computer access will be removed
Any outstanding debt may be placed with a debt collection agency and any associated collection costs will also be recovered from the student.
Fees must be paid in full before your programme starts. Payment method details can be found on your enrolment invoice.