Lecturer/Student Nurse Educator, Bachelor of Health Sciences Māori Nursing (Te Ōhanga Mataora)
Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi is a vibrant and exciting tertiary education institution, which offers a range of programmes from certificates to doctorates, across a range of disciplines.
We are looking for full time Lecturers/Student Nurse Educator to assist us with the delivery of specific courses and subjects within our Bachelor of Health Sciences Māori Nursing (Te Ōhanga Mataora) programme and/or provide clinical simulation and able to demonstrate nursing skills in practicum placement settings.
To apply you must be a NZ Registered Nurse and hold a current NCNZ practicing certificate. You will have:
- A minimum of three years’ full-time clinical experience as a registered nurse.
- Clinical experience relevant to health sciences and the ability to support and mentor student nurses in practicum settings.
You may also have:
- Experience in the nursing/health sector as a nurse educator/teacher.
- A Masters’ qualification OR a Bachelor of Nursing qualification with a willingness to study toward post-graduate and Masters’ qualifications over time.
- A teaching qualification, preferable adult teaching, tertiary teaching experience (teaching papers at degree level) and/or a willingness to undertake study toward an adult teaching qualification.
If you have experience monitoring, assessing and delivery of nurse practicum/nurse practice courses, and/or science for nursing, and/or pathophysiology, and/or community health courses then we would encourage you to apply for a role with us.
Knowledge of Tikanga Māori and its application in both education and health settings and the ability to kōrero Te Reo Māori to at least intermediate level/or a willingness to improve your Te Reo Maori beyond basic.
We offer a supportive working environment in which ongoing professional development and research contribution is highly valued and encouraged.