Entry to Te Tohu Toi Tangata: Bachelor of Humanities is open to applicants who meet the following requirements:
- Minimum age: 16 years
Minimum qualification - Student entry is open to application who:
- have successfully completed a relevant Level 4 certificate; or
NCEA credits as follows:
- A minimum of 42 credits at Level 3 or higher on the National Qualifications Framework, including a minimum of 14 credits at Level 3 or higher in each of two subjects from the approved subject list, with a further 14 credits at Level 3 or higher taken from no more than two additional domains on the National Qualifications Framework or approved subjects; and
- A minimum of 14 credits at Level 1 or higher in Mathematics or Pāngarau on the National Qualifications Framework; and
- A minimum of 8 credits at Level 2 or higher in English or Te Reo Māori; 4 credits must be in Reading and 4 credits must be in Writing. These literacy credits are to be selected from a schedule of approved achievement standards and unit standards.
Special entry requirements
- Students who do not meet these criteria but have special circumstance that warrants further consideration, for example underage applicants who demonstrate exceptional academic ability, can be admitted through an interview and testing process at the discretion of the Head of the School of Undergraduate Studies.