Entry is open to applicants who meet the following requirements:
- Minimum age: 16 years
- Minimum qualification: Applicants require 60 credits of Te Reo Māori at NQF Level 1, or a demonstrated equivalent
- Open entry
- Applicants will need to sit an assessment test to ensure that they are enrolled at the correct level. Note: An inability to answer any questions will not exclude an applicant from the programme. It will show that the applicant should be enrolled in level 1.
Special entry requirements
In addition to meeting admission requirements, applicants must meet the following requirements to gain entry to this programme:
- Applicants must have completed a minimum of NZQA Level 1 Te Reo Māori qualification; or
- Able to successfully complete a Te Reo Māori competency assessment as undertaken by Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi; and
- May be required to attend an interview - either onsite at one of our campuses, or by telephone.