Entry to New Zealand Certificate in Study and Career Preparation (Level 4) is open to applicants who meet the following requirements:
- Minimum age: 16 years
- Minimum qualification: Open entry
In addition to meeting admission requirements, entry is open to applicants and who may have completed a level 3 Certificate at 60 credits or more OR
met the English Proficiency Outcomes as stated below in accordance with the NZQF Programme Approval and Accreditation Rules 2013 if ones first language is not English or who come from a country where the language of instruction is not English and are enrolling as a permanent or an international student
- IELTS test – Academic score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5
- TOEFL Paper-based test (pBT) – Score of 530 (with an essay score of 4.5 TWE)
- TOEFL Internet-based test (iBT) – Score of 46 (with a writing score of 20)
- University of Cambridge ESOL examinations – FCE for schools with a score of 162. No less than 154 in each skill.
- NZCEL – Level 3 with an endorsement of either General, Workplace or Academic.
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) – PToE (Academic) score of 42
- City & Guilds IESOL – B2 Communicator with a score of 42
It is expected that:
- Applicants have a desire to pursue a specific career or further study in a particular area.
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview, or if you live at some distance from Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi campuses, complete a telephone interview; or through e-conferencing if available.