Lecturer – Te Pōkaitahi Reo – Kaupae 3 (Level 3)
Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi is a vibrant and exciting tertiary education institution, which offers a range of programmes from certificates to doctorates, across a range of disciplines.
We are seeking one full time or two part time fixed term lecturer(s) to teach two 12-month classes of Te Pōkaitahi Reo – Kaupae 3 (level 3) commencing in February 2022 to deliver this programme at workplace settings in Waiuku and Albany. The Lecturer position will be based at our Tāmaki campus site in Manukau and will be part of a wider team of staff who are based at our Tāmaki campus.
The Te Pōkaitahi Reo (Kaupae 3) programme is a tailored 12-month programme for staff and their whānau. Language content will be contextualised to the workplace setting. The programme will be delivered onsite at the specific workplaces at a scheduled time each week.
As a Lecturer your primary responsibility will be to plan and deliver quality lectures and assessments, to support learning through face to face and online mediums, monitor the papers and mentor students. As a part of our academic staff, you will be responsible for contributing to the successful delivery of the papers that are taught within your curriculum area.
Our successful applicants will have:
- A Te Reo Māori qualification, as a minimum a Diploma in Te Reo Māori, a Bachelors’ degree is preferred.
- Te Reo Māori proficiency to at least level 6, and a comprehensive understanding of Tīkanga Māori as well as knowledge of local iwi dialect relevant to the region that the programme is delivered in.
- A teaching qualification as a minimum, an adult teaching qualification preferred.
- Tertiary teaching experience, and experience monitoring, assessing, and delivering Te Reo Māori papers and programmes to adults.
- Experience using online delivery tools as the programme is mixed mode delivery.
- Internet access and the ability to work from home to prepare for lessons, mark and complete other administration and reporting functions, including attending regular zoom hui with the wider team.
- A full clean driver’s licence.
In order to comply with the Vaccination Order applicants must be fully vaccinated. Please provide a copy of your vaccination pass when applying.
We offer a supportive working environment.