Camellia Court (previously a motel) has limited accommodation for tauira that currently live outside the rohe and are enrolled in programmes delivered at Whakatāne campus.
There are 12 units available Most are studio units but there are a few 1-bedroom units available. The accommodation units will be available during the academic year and will need to be vacated over the summer period.
The Operations Team is responsible for managing the student accommodation units. If you are interested in applying for student accommodation, please send your completed application form to the Operations team.
It is important to note that as rooms will be limited, tauira will need to meet certain criteria, and be available for an interview, before being offered an accommodation unit. Given the limited number of 12 units available, prioritisation criteria have been developed:
- Engaged with Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi on a programme of full-time study.
- Tauira engaged on a degree programme or above
- Tauira whose programme delivery means they are on campus Monday to Friday rather than on a noho basis.
- Tauira who normally reside outside of the district (with preference to those who normally reside more than one hour from Whakatāne).
- Tauira enrolled in their first year of study with the wānanga rather than their second or third year.
A decision has been made that children are not to stay in the student accommodation units, so tauira with children will be ineligible to apply.
If Interested, please read through the Student Accommodation Agreement, the House Rules and Regulations of the student accommodation and the Application Form to determine if it is right for you. To apply send the completed application form via email to the Operations Team.
Applications close Friday 29th November at 5pm.