The scholarship information below pertains to the ASB Hardship Scholarship. This is a scholarship, proudly sponsored by ASB for several years in partnership with Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi.
Note: This scholarship is now closed for 2021
- Available: The number and value of each scholarship fund is at the discretion of the selection panel whose decision is final.
- Value: Up to $3,000. The number and value of the scholarship fund is at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee whose decision is final. The scholarship fund includes GST and is paid in on instalment directly into the recipient’s verified bank account.
- Closing date: 31 March 2021 at 4.30pm
- Purpose: The purpose of this award is to assist students who are facing financial hardship to commence/continue in their studies at Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi.
• Be a New Zealand citizen or a New Zealand permanent resident currently living in New Zealand
• Enrolment in any programme at Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi by the closing dates specified above
- Criteria: Recipients are to be selected on the following criteria;
• Able to demonstrate financial need (note: financial need must fall under one of the following four categories to be considered: food, accommodation, travel or medication) in relation to your programme of study
• Completion of the ASB & Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi Hardship statement section of the application correctly and attach relevant supporting documentation
- Scholarship Application: Applications for this scholarship must be made online through Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi's website. Applications must include with the form;
• Enrolment Confirmation Letter for any full-time programme at Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi
• Any supporting documentation to assist with demonstrating financial need
• Recipient’s verified bank account details
- Submission of Scholarship Application: Application form and supporting documents must be submitted online by 4.30pm, 31 March 2021