Lecturer – Te Pōkaitahi Reo – Level 1 and 2
Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi is a vibrant and exciting tertiary education institution, which offers a range of programmes from certificates to doctorates, across a range of disciplines.
We are seeking two full time Lecturers to teach our Te Pōkaitahi Reo 6-month level 1 and 2 programmes in 2022. One position is to be located at a marae in Te Awamutu and the other at either Tāmaki OR Whakatāne campus.
The 6-month programmes have an intake in each semester with level one starting in February and level 2 starting in semester 2, in July. We anticipate our level 1 students who commence in February will continue their study at level 2 in semester two. Each class will be scheduled twice weekly in the evening as well as four weekend noho (Friday evening – Sunday afternoon) over a semester.
As a Lecturer your primary responsibility will be to recruit students, to plan and deliver quality lectures and assessments, to support learning through face to face as well as online delivery modes, to monitor the papers and mentor students. As a part of our academic staff, you will be responsible for contributing to the successful delivery of the papers that are taught within your curriculum area.
Our successful applicants will have:
- A minimum qualification at bachelor level in the field of Te Reo Māori is required in order to teach all levels of our Te Pōkaitahi Reo suite of programmes (L1-L6).
- Experience monitoring, assessing and delivering Te Reo Māori papers and programmes.
- Tertiary teaching experience and a teaching qualification, preferably adult teaching.
- Te Reo Māori proficiency to at least level 7, and a comprehensive understanding of Tīkanga Māori as well as local iwi dialect of the region. Fluency in Te Reo preferred.
- Experience using online delivery tools as the programme is mixed mode delivery.
- Internet access and the ability to work from home if required to prepare for lessons, mark and complete other administration and reporting functions, including attending regular zoom hui with the wider team.
- A full clean driver’s licence.
In order to comply with the Vaccination Order applicants must be fully vaccinated. Please provide a copy of your vaccination pass when applying.
We offer a supportive working environment.