Te Pōkaitahi Reo (Rumaki, Reo Rua)(Te Kaupae 2)
Level of Study:
This programme is for learners who have a basic understanding and ability in the use of te reo Māori and have a desire to communicate with little support in familiar everday contexts, and in Māori environments where they feel comfortable.
Learners will study the following:
- Basic Māori vocabulary and grammatical structures
- Be able to express basic connections to the land, environment and people of the area
- Apply technical knowledge of foundation level reo Māori and develop respect for te reo Māori
* NZQA approved. Course descriptions to follow.
To download a copy of the eBooklet, click here.
Duration: 18 Weeks
Finish Date: 26/11/2017
Total Fee for 2017:
N.B. For more information regarding fees, please see our fees page.
Entry is open to applicants who meet the following requirements:
- Applicants require 60 credits of Te Reo Maori at NQF Level 1, or demonstrated equivalent.
- Entry to this programme is Open Entry.
- Applicants will sit an assessment test to ensure correct level placement.
Note: an inability to answer any questions will not exclude an applicant from the programme. It will show that the applicant should be enrolled in level 1.
Special Entry Requirements:
In addition to meeting admission requirements, applicants must meet the following requirements to gain entry to this programme:
- Has completed a minimum of NZQA Level 1 Te Reo Māori qualification; or
- Able to successfully complete a Te Reo Māori competency assessment as undertaken by Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi; and
- May be required to attend an interview, or if one lives at some distance from Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi campuses, complete a telephone interview
Graduates may pathway to:
- Te Pōkaitahi Reo (Rumaki, Reo Rua)(Te Kaupae 3)
- Te Pōkaitahi Tikanga (Waka, Rongoā, Te Ara Nunumi, Mātauranga Māori, Māori Development, Rangahau) (Te Kaupae 3)
- Mahinga Kai - Te Hoata (Kaupae 3) (New Zealand Certificate in Maori Traditional Food Production, Harvest, and Management (Level 3))
- New Zealand Certificate in Tourism Māori (Level 3)