Te Pōkaitahi Reo Māori (Rumaki)(Te Kaupae 5)
Level of Study:
This qualification is intended for emerging speakers of te reo who have an advanced understanding, and ability in the use of, te reo kia tika, kia rere, kia Māori.
Graduates will be able to communicate independently in te reo and express ideas and theories in a wide range of familiar and some less familiar situations with fluency and flexibility. In addition to the acquisition of the language, graduates will have developed technical knowledge in te reo.
Learners will study the following:
- Use Māori vocabulary and grammar at an advanced level
- Able to express connections to the land, environment and people of the area at an advanced level
- Apply technical knowledge of advanced intemediate level reo Māori and develop a growing knowledge of and respect for te reo Māori.
* NZQA approved.
Duration: 18 Weeks
Tāmaki Makaurau, Whakatāne
Finish Date: 02/07/2017
Applications Close: 30/01/2017
Total Fee for 2017:
N.B. For more information regarding fees, please see our fees page.
Entry is open to applicants who meet the following requirements:
60 credits in Te Reo Māori at level 4 or established equivalency
Applicants will sit an assessment test to ensure corerect level placement.
Note: an inability to answer the questions will not exclude an applicant from the programme, it will only be used to ensure a correct level placement.
Special Entry Requirements:
Meet the English Proficiency Outcomes as stated below in accordance with the NZQF Programme Approval and Accreditation Rules 2013 if ones first language is not English or who come from a country where the language of instruction is not English and are enrolling as a permanent resident
- IELTS test Academic score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5
- TOEFL Paper-based test (pBT) Score of 550 (with an essay score of 5 TWE)
- TOEFL Internet-based test (iBT) Score of 60 (with a writing score of 20)
- University of Cambridge ESOL examinations FCE, or FCE for schools, or CAE, or CPE with a score of 169. No less than 162 in each skill
- NZCEL Level 4 with the Academic endorsement
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) PToE (Academic) score of 50
- City & Guilds IESOL B2 Communicator with a score of 66
Graduates may pathway to:
- Te Pōkaitahi Reo (Rumaki)(Te Kaupae 6)
- Te Pōkairua Reo Māori (Rumaki)(Te Kaupae 6)
- Te Pōkairua Tikanga (Waka, Rongoā, Te Ara Nunumi, Mātauranga Māori, Māori Development, Rangahau) (Te Kaupae 6)
- Te Tohu Taurapa (Te Kaupae 6)
- Rumakihia Te Taiao (Kaupae 6)
- ManuTaiko - Hokā Rangi (Level 6) [Ref:2427]