Ako ki te Wānanga
Bridging to Teaching
Level of Study:
This certificate programme will benefit students who have a passion for education. In this entry-level programme students will gain the skills and qualifications needed to pathway to teaching. The programme seeks to develop students’ understanding of community, culture and communication.
Students who are considering this programme will benefit from a supportive learning environment that will reinforce their confidence. Topics delivered include: introduction to te reo, basic computer studies and teaching.
Ako ki te Wānanga – Bridging to Teaching aims to create a solid foundation for future study.
Duration: 20 Weeks
Finish Date: 29/11/2015
Applications Close: 07/07/2015
Total Fee for 2015:
N.B. For more information regarding fees, please see our fees page.
Entry is open to applicants who meet the following requirements:
- School leavers must produce their academic record. However, entry to the programme is at the discretion of Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi and is based on a number of criteria of which academic record is contributory only;
- Applicants must show a willingness to learn;
- Applicants will be required to undertake an interview;
- All applicants will undergo a criminal convictions veting process;
- Applicants must agree to abide by Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi regulations and to complete all documentation related to safety and health, research and other programme-related issues;
- Applicants must have an interest in education;
- Applicants must be prepared to have fun and make new friends.
Tertiary study at Undergraduate level:
- Te Tohu Paetahi Ako: Bachelor of Education (Teaching).
Entry level in the workforce in the general areas of education, Kaiawhina in Kōhanga Reo, Kaiawhina in mainstream schools, Kaiawhina in Whare Kura, Library assistant, Teacher aide