Tēnei te mihi atu ki ā koutou i raro i te maru o te manaakitanga me te aroha.
Ko mātou te rōpū e kawe nei i ngā mahi hei hāpai i ā koutou i ngā tauira i raro i te āhuatanga ō ā koutou mahi.
Awhi Tauira Student Support provides targeted support and input into all programmes at Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi. Kanohi-ki-te-kanohi (face-to-face) and eWānanga (online) support programmes are available to suit all needs.
One of the immediate benefits to students is the whanaungatanga (sense of belonging) that is always present at Awhi Tauira. Support includes academic support as well as support for personal issues which may impact a student’s ability to learn and complete their study.
Awhi Tauira staff offer a variety of learning environments:
- Individual face-to-face consultation
- ‘Drop in’ sessions for student kaupapa
- eWānanga online student support
- Awhi Tauira Facebook for online group work
- Workshops with a target audience
- Group tutorials
- Seminars including oral presentations and visual presentations
- Individual pastoral care
- Mentoring – promoting the concept of total support, reassurance, encouragement and integrity
- Support for students with disabilities
- Mātauranga Māori including support for marae-based distance learners
- Noho marae support
- Cultural support for all students including waiata training
- Consistent support across all campuses and sites
- Awhi Tauira Academic Computer Café (Whakatāne)
Contact Awhi Tauira Team Leader - Linda Jones
Phone: 0508 92 62 64 ext 7249