The Library and Information Services mission statement is to achieve excellence in the provision and promotion of information services to support and enrich the research, education and teaching needs of Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi. Library and Information Services are responsible for providing tailored, high-quality information services in a fast, efficient and cost-effective way across a variety of areas of knowledge and encompassing the following major functions:
- Library Management (online and physical)
- Records Management
- Copyright & Educational Readers
Awanuiārangi has a main campus library in Whakatāne and a small library collection at the Tāmaki Makaurau (Auckland) campus. The library acquires resources that support the curriculum taught at Awanuiārangi with a priority to acquire resources that pertain to the Mātaatua rohe. The Library and Information Commons ensure students, staff and the wider community can access a world-class library with a range of information services and resources.
- Archives Collection (Awanuiārangi documents>
- DVD Collection
- Māori Land Court Minute Books (Whakatāne & Opōtiki)
- Newspaper/Periodical Collection
- Picture Book/Fiction Collection
- Photographic Collection
- Theses Collection
- Sir Harawira Gardiner Book Collection
- Sir Sidney Moko & Lady June Mead Collection
- Evelyn Stokes Indigenous Book Collection
- Raupatu Document Bank
- Waitangi Tribunal Reports Research Collection
- Book purchasing
- Library inter-loan
- Internet access (free of charge)
- Library tutorials
- Video/DVD room
- Quiet study spaces
Monday – Friday: 9.00am – 5.00pm
Extended library hours and weekend openings are available during noho marae.
Library is closed on public holidays, Wānanga holidays and over the Christmas/New Year period.
Students who are enrolled on Awanuiārangi programmes are provided with free membership to the library. However, programme fees must be paid prior to borrowing from the collections. Student ID cards must be presented to borrow from the collections.
Phone: 0508 92 62 64