Awhi Tauira Student Support provides targeted support and input into all programmes at Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi. Kanohi-ki-te-kanohi (face-to-face) and eWānanga (online) support programmes are available to suit all needs.
One of the immediate benefits to all students is the whānaungatanga (sense of belonging) that is always present at Awhi Tauira. Support includ
es academic support as well as support for personal issues which may impact a student’s ability to learn and complete their study.
|•Awhi Tauira staff offer a variety of learning environments:
Individual student face-to-face consultation
• ‘Drop in’ sessions for student kaupapa
• eWānanga on line student support
• Awhi Tauira Facebook for online group work
• Workshops with a target audience
• Group tutorials
• Seminars including oral presentations and visual presentations
• Individual Pastoral Care
• Mentoring – promoting the concept of total support, reassurance, encouragement and integrity
• Support for students with disabilities
• Mātauranga Māori including support for Marae based distance learners
• Noho Marae support
• Cultural support for all students including waiata training
• Consistent support across all campuses and sites
• Awhi Tauira Academic Computer Café (Whakatāne)
Awhi Tauira Student Support has a full-time permanent staff of four. Three Academic Student Support Advisors are located in Whakatane and one Academic Student Support Advisor is located in Tamaki.
Student Study Guide
How to contact the Awhi Tauira - Student Support Team